Lingerie Advice For Men Women's Lingerie

A Man’s Guide to Buying Lingerie

bra-measure-fitting-herroom

Guys–we understand. You’d love to buy her something sexy and luxurious, but walking into a lingerie shop is right up there with getting a cavity drilled or singing “Feelings” at a karaoke party. Even a phone order is hard–how do you explain over the phone (without the use of hands) what size bra you think she wears?

So, here’s the drill. It’s a a lot easier if you know her sizes. If you don’t, take a look in her lingerie drawer and check the label on a bra–the size should be right there–34B, 38DD, something like that. Panties are in sizes usually from XS through XXL. Sometimes they’re numerical, ranging from about 5-10. You might also take a peak at brand names– especially on items she wears all the time. If you see 3 Wacoal bras, for example, you can be pretty sure that’s a brand she loves.

Now you’ve got the critical info–what to buy? Well, if you see quite a few of the same brand, you can take it up a notch and choose a luxury item in that brand. For instance, if she buys herself mid-range Le Mystere bras like this cotton racer-back bra, why not go all out and buy her this sexy, lacy confection from Le Mystere. Don’t forget to add matching panties. Or, how about buying her something you know she won’t buy for herself? We all hear that thongs are the most comfortable panties ever–but some women won’t  even try them.  Let her try them out on your dime. She might especially like Hanky Panky’s Color Play Thong, which comes in an array of pretty exciting colors. Better yet, it’s one size fits most, so you can hardly go wrong.

If you absolutely can’t find her sizes, you’ve got a few choices: guess and hope for the best, ask her outright, or buy something not quite as dependent on fit, like a silk nightgown, or slinky robe. Luckily,we got some suggestions here too.

This Clair Pettibone Stretch Lace Athena gown will make any woman feel gorgeous and the movie-star calibre matching robe will help through winter nights to come.

If she’s more of an all-cotton woman, Hanro makes the softest, sleekest cotton sleepwear imaginable, like this Cotton Clean Chemise, It too, has a matching robe .

Of course you’d like something you want to see her in, but if it’s too gimmicky or plain uncomfortable she’ll wear it  for you, but it won’t leave the drawer more than a few times a year. The key is to choose something that’ll let her know you think she’s special but will also be comfortable. Many women are so hung up about body image that they don’t realize that, to the men who love them, they are hot, hot, hot. So if you bought her a blender last year, this is the time to go all out and show her how she looks in your eyes.

You Might Also Like

7 Comments

Greg
    June 1, 2008 at 9:55 pm

Can you please let me know if there is a size chart for men that wear lingerie.I am a hetrosexual crossdresser and would like to buy more on line as it is safer to do so.

Hello Greg – HerRoom maintains a document for men wanting to wear women’s lingerie. When men write in reviews, we try to add them to this document. Please go to:

Tomima

mathew watson
    February 6, 2009 at 3:01 am

This post is really helpful..thanks..

Olivia Kent
    May 24, 2009 at 8:12 am

I’ve been a crossdresser for 43 years and of all the bras I’ve owned, I found that the Maidenform Chantilly Classic under-wire consistently fit me best. Now, this wonderful design has been discontinued by Maidenform. If anyone is familiar with this bra, could you please recommend another similar bra? If only Maidenform would resume production, I’d buy a dozen or more, lol. Thanks, Olivia.

John
    May 26, 2009 at 12:16 pm

I want to start shopping online for my wife’s lingerie because I’ve had bad experiences shopping at department stores. I told the sales associate that my wife is fuller on top and she sent me to the plus size dept. My wife was furious, she’s a size 12 and she accused me of thinking that she was a fatty. I’ve visited Victoria’s Secret.com, and a website called Fredrick’s of Hollywood. Does anyone know of any other sites that sell classy lingerie?

Hello John – You found my blog but not my website? Forgive my boldness, but all your wife’s needs can be met, and more, at http://www.HerRoom.com

Mike
    June 14, 2011 at 4:54 am

The Lingerie for Men page is absolutely awesome! As a heterosexual crossdresser I find it fantastic that Herroom provides this service to the many, many men like myself who wear womens lingerie. Couple that with the wonderful women in the service department and I just know that Herroom will do an ever growing business with men. Thank you!

Kenny
    June 29, 2011 at 4:38 am

It’s nice to know that this website acknowledges that men enjoy wearing lingerie. Buying camisoles and slips has always been hit or miss. Now I’m able to make my purchases knowing I can exchange it as easily as I would a screw driver. Looks like my lingerie collection will be expanding.

If I could make one suggestion however, please place this link in plain site. I stumbled across it in a search and I’m glad I did. I don’t think it’s any secret that there are some men who like wearing lingerie.

I hope one day I can wear my camisoles in plain sight as I would my suit, no having to cover up. Placing your guide would help the movement.

Thank you again, I enjoyed reading through everything.

Kenny

Rolf
    December 19, 2013 at 12:37 am

Hallo!
    Im glad to se that there are more men that loves lingerie! Im a swedish man and have found this site just now! Its perfect and have a lot of lingerie that I would like to have! I also hope that I can find a way to make transports to Sweden (and to me without delivering at home!!!) of the lingerie that I witt buy!
    Swedish webbstores do not have that kind of lingerie that I want, there are only silly and practical clothing in wool or full cotton for women! Not satin, silk or other nylonversions that I look for! Thank You for be there Herroom!